Pages



















When the Moon came down
And the sun rose,
The Mastodons came charging
towards me very close.
I broke into a sprint
Keeping several yards ahead.
Climbed the cliff
As fast as i could
The mists hiding my view
Still managed to reach the peak
The outraged mastodons behind me.
Spread my arms as wide as I could
I launched myself off the edge,
Rode the wind
Rode the current
Floated above the valley
I laughed at the mastodons fate
As they followed me
To meet their doom.
Didn't realise I am doomed too
With a huge thud I fell down my bed..
Thank God! it's all but a dream.

2 Responses so far.

  1. I loved the way you've started this piece. A big big clue there, perhaps.

    I like how the actual word is mentioned only in or as the title. And, I like the play in tense too. Like in the third last line, you decided to bring us, your readers back to the present.

    Nice job Ani!!! You've written this pretty good. Is this true or just an imagination? I mean, did you really have such a nightmare or not?

  2. Thank you Ajey. It's true not imagination.

Post a Comment